top of page

What do you call your sets?

Here at SetterU, we adopted all of USAV's terminology for play calling. Feel free to print this and share with your team(s)!

*Fixed means the same point on the court *Floating means based on the position of the setter Left side sets: 4- High set to the pin; fixed Hut – In system higher set; fixed Go – In system lower, quick set to pin; 1st tempo; fixed Gap - 3 zone between right side and middle blocker; 2 tempo, fixed

Middle Sets: 3 – In the gap between the RS and MB blocker; 1 tempo; fixed Push – Between 3 and 1 – to the left of MB; floating 1 – On setter in front; Floating 2 – Between the gap and 1; 2nd tempo; fixed A – Back 1; Floating Slide – to the antenna, 1st tempo; fixed B – Back 2, between A and Slide (in the back gap); fixed

Right side sets: 5 – Higher, slower back set; fixed Red – lower, quick set to the pin; 2nd tempo; fixed A – Back 1 off setters hip; floating B – Back 2, between A and Slide (in the back gap); fixed Back row sets: 30 – In the backrow gap Pipe – middle of the court, higher set Bic – 2nd tempo, middle of the court D – to the right sideline

bottom of page